The Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences Graduate Students’ Association (ALES GSA) was founded in 2015 and consists of a president, three vice presidents and four departmental representatives with their own portfolios.
The general purpose of the organization is to provide graduate students in the Faculty of ALES with opportunities for: involvement, service, leadership, and professional experience.
- Represent its members.
- Develop, design and organize programs that promote members’ interests.
- Liaise with Graduate Students’ Association and other student bodies.
- Provide leadership and focus to members.
- Provide recreation and fellowship to members.
- Provide a meeting place for consideration and discussion of questions affecting members’ interests.
- Disseminate information to members.
- Provide a peer support group for members.
- Promote and protect the interest of the membership.
- Select graduate student representatives to wider committees in the Faculty of ALES.